My car has been stolen. I am in England ...

Asked by GiovanniM on 20-10-2014 16:13:46
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 100.00

My car has been stolen. I am in England and will report it soon. The problem is my friend took over the reponsiblity of paying the car and its insurance one year ago. I still owe MFC 90 000 rands on the car. We have a contract which i drew up, he signed says he is reponsible for the payments untill the car is paid of completely and he is responsible for the insurance every month. He stop paying for the car insurance and car and now I want the car back as stated in our contract, he says the car is stolen now and could not report it two months when it was taken. I know the bank will say iam reliable for the car costs.... But what will happen now, what should i do....? Report the car stolen by the police, yes..... my sister will be power of attorney because she is in south africa and iam not..... will i have to sue my friend for the charges in court....what will MFC do to me?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.