Good day, I trust that you are well.My b...

Asked by Cleopatra on 30-10-2019 16:11:42
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good day, I trust that you are well.

My boyfriend is in the process of getting divorced from hi wife (very acrimoniously). We have just moved into a rented property together and the soon-to-be ex wants to inspect the house before she allows their daughter (2 and a half years old) to visit. I have no issue with her knowing where her daughter is going to be; I do, however, take issue with her digging through my private sabnctuary because I do not believe that her intentions are totally innocent. She alos wants to bring her boyfriend, mother, father and sister with her for this "inspection", which I do not feel is necessary. She is also refusing to disclose the address that she lives at with her boyfriend, where the child lives. There is no signed agreement or court order in place at present.

I would like advice on where I stand in this scenario as, like I said, I feel as if my privacy is going to be violated. Are there any guidelines for such inspections that you could direct me to or furnish me with? I have read the Children's Act and am unable to find anything that specifically references the above.

I look forward to hearing from you and any assisatnce you would be able to provide me with.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.