Good day, I have a question and I really...

Asked by Mortifer on 24-04-2016 23:03:21
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 100.00

Good day,

I have a question and I really hope you can help me. I was pulled over on 2 April 2016 out side Stillfontein North West province for speeding the officer did write me an fine. I did write a letter to the department of Justice of Stillfontein on 11 April 2016 asking for a reduction on the fine amount. I diced to write the letter and fax it to them because I live in Centurion and would not go back that way for a long time I think. On my fine I read only tonight 24 April 2016 that it should have been paid on 21 April 2016 and failure to pay. So I was waiting for the Department of Justus to come back to me to say if they would be lenient to me with a lesser fine amount.

So now I am stressing because I am past this date do I pay this and don't have to go to court or what should I do? Wait for them?

I really hope you can give me some help on this.

Kind regards,

Jaco Viljoen

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.