To whom it may concern My son is registe...

Asked by c wessels on 09-04-2015 14:12:07
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Northern Cape
Question value: R 0.00

To whom it may concern
My son is registered with a debt councelor since 2009. The specific D/C never registered the case although my son was paying and amount of R6950.00 which he is still paying. The specific D/C was dismissed by the NCR and a new D/C took over and registered him only in 2011. End of 2013 my son lost his work and was unable to pay for 3 months but he is back on track. The problem is that according to the D/C his outstanding debt is R48000.00 and according to the creditors it is R159000.00 that was including the 3 months he missed.The first payments made seem to have dissapeared into thin air and according to the current D/C a mistake was made when the original D/C worked out his installment. My question is where do we go from here what can we do because something does not sound right and we don't get any any answers from dhe D/C. Must we lodge and official complaint?

Waiting for your speedy answer

Thank you

C Wessels

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.